Friday, March 09, 2012

Prayers (Food for the Soul)

I just want to share some prayers that greatly help me during my pregnancy, and in times of problems and down moments of my life.   Prayer for me is like talking to God.  It comforts me and gives me peace of mind.  I am not that religious but I can say that I am a prayerful person.  I believe in the wonders that prayer brings.  Whenever I pray, it makes me feel closer to the Lord.  You can also pray on your own, the kind of prayer that comes from your heart.

These prayers are included in a book entitled, "Straight from the Heart - A Prayer Companion" which is compiled and edited by Rev. Fr. Maria Jose C. Ladra. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer to St. Gerard
Patron and Protector of Expectant Mothers
(Feast, October 15)

Great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of our meek and humble Savior,
enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in yours and made you a seraph of love.

O glorious Saint Gerard, because like your Divine Master,You bore without murmur or complaint
the calumnies of wicked men when falsely accused of crime,you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers. Preserve me in the dangers of motherhood and shield  the child I now bear, that it may be brought safely to the light of day and receive the sacrament of baptism.

Hail Mary… (3x)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miraculous Invocation to Saint Therese
(Feast, October 1)

O Glorious Saint Therese whom Almighty God has raised up to aid and inspire the human family, I implore your miraculous intercession. You are so powerful in obtaining every need of body and spirit from the Heart of God. Holy Mother Church proclaims you “prodigy of miracles…the greatest saint of modern times.” Now I fervently beseech you to answer my petition (mention here), and to carry out your promises of spending heaven doing good upon earth of letting fall from heaven a shower of roses.

Little Flower, give your child-like faith, to see the face of God in the people and experiences of my life, and to love God with full confidence.  Saint Therese, my Carmelite Sister, I will fulfill your plea “to be made known everywhere” and I will continue to lead others to Jesus through you. Amen.

“I will let fall from heaven.. a shower of roses” – Saint Therese
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer to St. Jude Thaddeus
Patron of Desperate Cases
Feast, October 28

O glorious Apostle of Saint Jude Thaddeus, true relative of Jesus and Mary!  Paray for me who am so miserable; make use implore you, of that particular privilege of accorded to you to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.

Come to my assistance that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly in this my present great need (Here make your request).  Grant that I may bless God with you and all the elect forever. Amen.

Saint Jude Thaddeus, patron of desperate cases, pray for us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer to St. Pio of Pietrelcina

Beloved Padre Pio, Saint of Pietrelcina, today I come to add my prayer to the thousands of prayers offered to your everyday by those who love and venerate you.  They ask for cures and healings, earthly and spiritual blessings, and peace for body and mind.  Because of your friendship with the Lord, He heals those whom you ask to be healed, and forgives those whom you forgive. 

Through the visible wounds of the cross which you bore for fifty (50) years, you were chosen in our time to glorify the crucified Jesus.  Because the cross has been replaced by other symbols, please help us to bring it back in our midst, for we acknowledge that it is the only true sign of your salvation.  As we lovingly recall the wounds that pierced your hands, feet, and side, we not only remember the blood you she din pain, but your smile, and the invisible halo of sweet smelling flowers, the perfume of sanctity.  Padre Pio, the healings of the sick are the testimony that the Lord has invited you to join the holy company of saints.  In your kindness, please help me with my own special request (mention your petition, and make the sign of the cross).

Blessed me and my loved ones.  In the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua
The Wonder-Worker
(Feast, June 13)

To Find a Lost Article

Saint Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God, the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find (name lost thing/s) which has been lost, if such be the will of God or at least restore to me peace and tranquility of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than material loss. To this favor, I beg you to add another: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God.  May I rather lose all things than to lose God, my supreme Good or suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, my immortal soul.  Amen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer for Physical Healing

Heavenly Father, I call on you right now in a special way.  It is through your power that I was created.  Every breath I take, every morning I wake, and every moment of every hour I live under your power.  Father, I ask you now to touch Me with that same power of your Spirit.  Cast out anything that should not be in me.  Mend what is broken.  Root out any unproductive cells.  Open any blocked arteries or veins and rebuild any damaged areas.  Remove all inflammation and cleanse any infection.  Let the warmth of your healing love pass through my body to make new any unhealthy areas so that my body will function the way you created it to function.  And Father, restore me to full health in mind and body so that I may serve you the rest of my life.   I ask this through Christ our Lord.  Amen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer to Our Lady of La Leche
(Note: This prayer asks for a healthy pregnancy, delivery and a healthy child.  This is not included in the book.  I found it in the "net.")

O Lord Jesus Christ, through the intercession of Your tender Mother, Our Lady of La Leche, who bore You close to her heart during those long months before Your birth, I place my baby and myself entirely in Your Hands. Free me, I beseech You, from useless and consuming worry. Accept the sacrifice of my aches and pains, which I unite to Your sufferings on the Cross. Above all, most merciful and loving Jesus, protect this child You have given to me from all harm, bestowing the health and vigor every baby needs. Implant in my heart and on my lips the words and prayers of Your Mother and mine, our Lovely Lady of La Leche. All this I ask that my child and I may live to praise forever Your Holy Name. Amen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking time to read this article.  This is also my way of spreading the power of prayers.  Remember also to pray the Holy Rosary.  God is good all the time! ^v^

By the way,  "Straight from the Heart - A Prayer Companion"  is available at the National Bookstores. 

'Til my next post... ^v^


No comments:

Post a Comment